Do you remember the famous Maganlal’s Chocolate Fudge we get at Lonavala? This one tastes exactly like that and has way lesser fat and calories. Let’s take a look at this slightly healthier and Easy Chocolate Fudge recipe (with step-by-step pictures).
|1||Marie biscuit||100 gm|
|2||Cocoa powder||2-3 Tablespoon|
|4||Sugar||As per taste|
|5||Roasted Nuts||A handful|
|6||Ghee/Clarified butter||1 Tablespoon|
- Grind the biscuits to a coarse powder in a mixer.
2. Heat milk, cocoa powder and sugar until they are fully dissolved.
3. Add chocolate milk to the powdered biscuit and half of the nuts.
4. Mix well to make a thick batter.
5. Line a box with butter paper and ghee/clarified butter and spread the batter on it.
6. Add the remaining nuts on top.
7. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours till it sets.
8. Slice it or scoop it with a spoon and enjoy.
- You can use glucose biscuits too. Reduce quantity of sugar because these will be sweeter than Marie biscuits.
- If you are not counting calories, use condensed milk instead of plain milk. Result – richer and denser fudge.
- I have used roasted almonds. You may use any nuts of your choice.
- I didn’t have butter paper, so I used the insides of a Maggi cover. Talk about jugaad 😀
There are many similar recipes floating on the internet claiming to be no-bake brownie recipes. The dish looks like a brownie but it tastes far from it; trust me.